Rotsinbos adheres to the South African Bowhunters Association‘s code of Ethics. Our game animals are farmed for the purposes of tourist viewing, photographic safaris and sport hunting.
If you’re not that keen on hunting and prefer to be an observer, this lush bush valley is ideal for bird watching and a unique variety of bird species can be observed.
The following game can be hunted:
Rates for 2019
- Warthog Sow / Boar R850.00
- Impala Ewe R1200.00
- Impala Ram < 22” R1450.00
- Impala Ram 22” > R1900.00
- Blesbok Ewe R1950.00
- Blesbok Ram <14” R2150.00
- Blesbok Ram 14” > R2300.00
- Njala Ewe R18000.00 Not available
- Njala Bull < 28″ R16000.00 Not available
- Njala Bull > 28″ R22000.00 Not available
- Waterbuck Cow R9000.00 Not available
- Waterbuck Bull R12000.00 Not available
- Zebra Mare / Stallion R6000.00
- Kudu Cow R6000.00 Not available
- Kudu Bull R12000.00 Not available
- Blue Wildebeest Cow R3600.00
- Blue Wildebeest Bull R4600.00
- Giraffe Cow R16000.00 Not available
- Giraffe Bull R15000.00 Only one available
- Red Hartebeest Cow R7500.00 Not available
- Red Hartebeest Bull R9500.00 Not available
- Guinea fowl R60.00
- Partridge R40.00
- Dassie R100 *Dassie can only be hunted under owner’s supervision
All Prices Exclude VAT.
Slaughtering & skinning fees:
Impala size: R50
Blue Wildebeest size: R100
Professional abattoir facilities are available for hunters who would like to process their hunted game on the farm – this includes a large cooling room.
The abattoir is fitted with cold room facilities and salting pits for animal skins. All Prices Exclude VAT.
Permanent hunting shelters
Four Permanent hunting shelters have been built and strategically positioned around the farm.
Equipment permitted for hunting purposes:
- Please note – Only bow hunting is allowed on the farm
FOR HUNTING REGULATIONS AND RATES CLICK HERE
During hunting season (1 May – 31 July)
- R300 p/hunter (per day)
- R250 p/ observer (per day)
- Children under 13 years R150.00
- Children under age of 6 R100.00
- Children under age 3 free
- A minimum fee of R1200.00 per night if less than 4 persons in the group, with a minimum stay of 2 nights over weekends.
- All Prices Exclude VAT.
- Please note – NO bow hunting is allowed on the farm on Sundays.
Deposit and Payment details
A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total daily rate is required upon reservation and at least 30 (thirty) days prior to arrival. In the event of an emergency, client may reschedule the hunt for a mutually agreed upon date with a deposit applied. Balance of daily rate, trophy fees and any additional costs incurred, is payable upon completion of your hunt.
All Prices Exclude VAT.
While every precaution will be taken, Rotsinbos Private Game Farm will not be responsible for any illness, accident, death or loss incurred during any hunt.
Consult your family physician to ensure that you are in good health.
No vaccinations are required for hunting on Rotsinbos Private Game Farm.
Hunters/guests who have wounded game are responsible for full payment of trophy fee without exception.
May through to September 15 – 20 °C. Dry and hot.
Light hunting attire, warm jacket, and comfortable hiking boots (un-insulated).
It’s recommended to have two sets of hunting clothes.
If hunting in June or early July, recommend very warm jacket, knit cap, and warm gloves.
Camp site lounging attire.